We went south of Cork today to Kinsale, a super cute sea side town (village) that I can imagine is absolutely packd during the summer months as it would be the most perfect place to spend a warm day/evening and I am jealous of those who are able to do so! We then went even further south to a place called The Old Head of Kinsale - a little peninsula sticky-outy bit on the southern coast. I am so glad we made it down there! It was absolutely beautiful and officially one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. There is a bit of controversy surrounding this place as the very tip of Old Head is a private golf club and closed to public access... what a shame. I think I'll join the protesting group and write some strongly worded letters to someone about this. Oh, also, there is a small memorial at Old Head because this is where the Lusitania was torpedoed, which, according to Wikipedia, was one of the main reasons the US entered WWI. There you go!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
204/365
We went south of Cork today to Kinsale, a super cute sea side town (village) that I can imagine is absolutely packd during the summer months as it would be the most perfect place to spend a warm day/evening and I am jealous of those who are able to do so! We then went even further south to a place called The Old Head of Kinsale - a little peninsula sticky-outy bit on the southern coast. I am so glad we made it down there! It was absolutely beautiful and officially one of the most amazing places I have ever seen. There is a bit of controversy surrounding this place as the very tip of Old Head is a private golf club and closed to public access... what a shame. I think I'll join the protesting group and write some strongly worded letters to someone about this. Oh, also, there is a small memorial at Old Head because this is where the Lusitania was torpedoed, which, according to Wikipedia, was one of the main reasons the US entered WWI. There you go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know the tall ruins across the road from the golf club?? I definitely tripped and fell into a whole pile of nettles walking up to them. I was also in a skirt. Those are my main memories from the Old Head of Kinsale!
ReplyDelete