To make up for yesterday's laziness, I was dragged out of bed at 7:30 this morning and we were in Brighton by 9:30, having breakfast at one of my favourite places, Giraffe. Yum yum.
Brighton Pier (above) is full of arcades, games, fish and chips, ice cream, tarot card readers, a few of these put-your-face-in-a-silly-cartoon-things...
... and the home of Pier Idol (yes, like American Idol). Before the "idol hopefulls" performed, it was open mic karaoke and this happened: I apologize that I didn't get the chorus, because I am sure you can imagine how fabulous that was, but check out her shirt! "I love 10 pints and a curry". Oh dear...
Oh and in case you were wondering, some girl named Sandra (from Tenerife who spoke with an American accent) won Pier Idol 2009. Good for her!
What I learned today: One can never get bored people watching in Brighton
ha ha ha...instantly reminded me of our Karaoke friends in Tunica!
ReplyDelete