Thursday, September 10, 2009

27/365: Covent Garden Has Talent

I went into London today to meet with yet another recruitment agency, go to a charity career and volunteer fair and to meet up with some girls from the ex-pat website to which I belong.
The recruiter was as helpful or unhelpful as the rest and didnt give me much hope that he would be the one to come through in the end, but we'll see. The charity fair turned out to be much more about charities looking for volunteers rather than employers, but I suppose that was to be expected. It was really nice to have some girly talk with some other ex-pats and to hear that I am not alone with some of the issues I've been having, so I hope we can do these things regularly.

While I was waiting to meet the girls, I went to Covent Garden (of course!) and came across a fabulous really funny street show. The host picked some poor guys off the street and had them compete in what he called "Covent Garden Has Talent" like the TV show Britain's (or America's) Got Talent. Here is a bit of what he did:

No comments:

Post a Comment