Friday, August 14, 2009

1/365: So It Begins

... and yes, I failed today, my first day to take a picture. But I think I have a few good reasons: I left Denver last night at 8:45pm and arrived at Heathrow around noon. The flight was terrible - I ended up in a window seat bumping elbows with my fellow passengers and hardly slept at all. (One word of advice: Don't ever bother watching the movie 'Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past". Its crap even as far as predictable romantic comedies go.)
I made it to my interview at the Make-A-Wish Foundation right on time and think everything went well, except they do require you to drive as part of the position and I am well aware that not knowing the communities where I would be working will be a disadvantage. They said they expect to make their decision on Monday, so now we wait...

I thought I'd take a nice nap when I got back from the interview, but I couldnt sleep, so I unpacked 2 of 3 suitcases and sent a telepathic message back home to my walk-in closet telling her that I missed her.

We went to Windsor (no, the Queen wasnt home) for a quick dinner at good ol' Nandos (Its a chicken place, but they have wonderful veggie options there!).

What I learned today: There is South African beer.

3 comments:

  1. And did you like said South African beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Super yummy, although I dont remember what it was called.

    ReplyDelete