Now that I have one driving lesson under my belt, it is apparently time to buy a car. We decided that we were going to get a Mini, but then realized that due to their popularity and the fact that I need an automatic (which seems to be relatively rare) a Mini would be a fairly expensive option. Bye bye to dream of whizzing around Italian Job style; hello to my a new dream of a Renault Megane Convertible.
We saw this one at a dealership today surrounded by boring Ford Focuses and Vauxhalls and I fell in love. David is less than thrilled with my choice and said I cant have a French car because the French dont know how to make cars, and these are hard to find in automatics also, but my dream is not dead yet!
What I learned today: Batting your eyelashes at your husband begging for a new car doesnt work.
David is actually right. Ian and I have a Renault and it's given us more trouble than any other car we've owned combined.
ReplyDeleteYup, automatics are few and far between. I drive a lovely (sarcasm) Neon.
ReplyDeleteI had a leased Megane estate -- automatic. It was pure luxury having an automatic for the first time in 20-odd years, but the car itself sucked.
ReplyDelete